Call (800) 895-7245 for information or to book
The Alaska Railroad is a natural fit for groups! Our trains provide the perfect environment for groups to relax and interact with each other. Group Planners love how easy it is to keep groups together, while still allowing for space to enjoy the trip -- we encourage passengers to move through the train during the ride!
They also appreciate how the shared experiences on the train -- from dining to shopping to watching for glimpses of wildlife -- are the very elements that create a happy group and memories of a great trip.
Group Planners also love the 10% rail discount and complementary escort ticket that comes with booking a group!
Choose your train:
Denali Star - travels from Fairbanks to Anchorage
Coastal Classic - travels from Anchorage to Seward
Glacier Discovery - travels from Anchorage to Whittier and then to Spencer Glacier and Grandview
And then add on fun activities for day trips or make it a whole vacation! Plan a fun activity with our Best Day Tours or an entire multi-day itinerary with our Vacation Packages.
Looking for first class? We are proud to offer GoldStar Service on the Denali Star Train, and the Coastal Classic train to Seward.
And yes, we offer one complementary escort ticket for groups traveling in GoldStar too! For Adventure class, we offer one free escort ticket for each 20 adult paying passengers, up to 4 escorts.
There is no cash accepted on summer trains for food or drink purchases any longer. Only accepted form of payment is ARR meal vouchers, MC, Visa, Discover, AMEX.
The winter train still currently accepts cash. The Alaska Railroad offers meal vouchers for breakfast, adult/child lunch and dinner, pre-sold bento boxes, sandwich boxes, and dollar amount meal vouchers, in addition to adult beverage vouchers.
These vouchers offer our passengers a hassle-free way to enjoy our onboard dining experience while providing convenience and value.
We have special Pre-sold meal vouchers just for Groups for Cafe Service. These delicious options include sandwich, beverage and gratuity.
- Chicken and Salmon Bento Box - $18.50 including Gratuity
- Turkey & Swiss, or Ham & Cheddar, or Roast Beef & Pepperjack, or Vegetarian on your choice of whole wheat bread or croissant; piece of fruit, chips, cookie, and bottled water in a sandwich box - $17.00 including Gratuity.
**Note: Actual sandwich type and bento box may vary slightly from the above description. Please confirm at time of booking.
The Alaska Railroad considers 20 or more paying adult passengers traveling on the same route and on the same day a Group.
Here are just a few examples of groups that would have a terrific time on the Alaska Railroad:
- Family Vacations or Reunions
- Luxury Group Travel
- Baby Boomer Travel Clubs
- Class Reunions
- Destination Weddings
- Retreats or Mission Trips
- Sports Team Travel
- Quilter Guilds
- Knitting Clubs
- Geo-Cacheing Clubs
...and so many more!
We have a dedicated Groups Coordinator who is available to assist you with all your travel plans on the Alaska Railroad, so you can have peace of mind knowing that you will:
- Save Money & Time - Make one phone call and get advice and suggestions from a Travel Professional who is also a Certified Alaska Expert.
- Keep your group together - You can request seat blocks on our trains to ensure your group is seated together.
- Receive Great Service - An Alaska Railroad Representative will meet you on the day you travel and help ensure a smooth departure, the first step to the trip of a lifetime.
Most of all, You Can Relax, knowing that we work with you to ensure a wonderful and authentic Alaska train trip for your group.
For more information, call our Groups Coordinator, Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm Alaska Time
(800) 895-7245, (907) 265-2240, or e-mail: email@example.com and see how easy it is to book your group on the Alaska Railroad.