Safety & Security
At the Alaska railroad, Working Together Safely, means that our employees, customers and business partners combine efforts to deliver services in the safest manner possible. Working Together Safely is not just a motto, rather, it is what we do.
The Alaska Railroad will achieve this vision through:
- A culture that makes the safety of our employees, customers, and communities our highest priority, that sets rigorous standards for safety and environmental excellence, and that is open to vigorous self-assessment of our progress and effectiveness.
- A work environment where all known safety and environmental hazards will be eliminated or safeguarded, and where employees expect to be safe and accident-free.
- Training and education for all employees that make safe production and environmental stewardship, the core of every task we perform.
- A workforce made up of people who take responsibility for environmental integrity, their personal safety, the safety of their fellow employees, and the communities we serve.
- Shared values that emphasize equal respect and opportunity for all Alaska Railroad employees.
The special agents assigned to the ARRC police department are State of Alaska Law Enforcement Officers charged with the protection of the general public, employees, customers and corporate assests. Questions regarding trespassing, vandalism, criminal activity or suspicious behavior can be directed to 1-877-RAILCOP or 1-907-265-2463.